Expertenanfrage „Werkleiter Lebensmittelindustrie“
Nachfolgende Expertenanfrage ist an mich angetragen worden. Wenn Sie sich damit identifizieren können, erbitte ich zeitnahe Rückmeldung und um Ihre Profilaktualisierung bei Food Resource Managment. Weitere Informationen als die nachfolgenden liegen noch nicht vor. Projektdauer ist ca. 6-9 Monate.
The Plant Manager will reside in one of the company’s plant operations, and will report directly to the Regional Plant Director. The position manages and/or coordinates all plant operations including maintenance, quality, shipping and receiving, to meet all of the quality, food safety, and customer requirements in the most safe, cost-effective, and timely manner by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
To lead the manufacturing operation to ensure all products & ingredients are manufactured to the right quality, on time and at a competitive cost within a safe and legally compliant working environment whilst enforcing a culture of continuous improvement
Safety – Responsible for managing the health, safety, welfare and environmental aspects within manufacturing to ensure a safe working environment and a focused workforce. Continually review and improve working practices to ensure optimum H&S conditions within all operational areas and a zero tolerance culture is instilled throughout the workforce.
Quality – Direct and monitor all aspects of ensuring that conforming product is released to customers & driving factory standard improvements in order to achieve this. Carrying out all responsibilities and practices with the aim of producing food safely and to required internal & external specifications within a systematic framework (e.g. HACCP); in cooperation with and under guidance of the QESH team
Planning – Direct and control the execution of production and planning (personnel & materials) to ensure customer and business service requirements are met; in cooperation with and under guidance of the planning team
Processes – Direct and control the adherence to agreed production methods/process and quality requirements to ensure satisfactory, safe and consistent products which meet specification and are fit for sale.
Projects – Develop and deliver operational plans and projects to meet supply chain and business requirements
Budget – Develop and control manufacturing budget to ensure costs remain within or below agreed constraints. Ensure site reports performance according to requirements, systems and timelines. Use data to understand how performance can be improved
People –Lead and develop team to improve skills and competency base resulting in a trained, flexible, motivated and empowered workforce. Ensure longer term personnel plans and robust succession planning is in place. Ensure all factory employees adhere to contracts/agreements/practices/policies. Negotiates with trade unions/work councils to achieve required working practices commensurate with providing the workforce ability to meet business and hence customer needs, in cooperation with and under guidance of the HR team.
Continuous improvement – Develop, implement and maintain a learning culture to ensure employees continually create, acquire and transfer knowledge. Supported by modern improvement methodologies & measures which result in site optimization and deliver competitive advantages.
Communication – Establish strong links across functions that have interfaces with site in order to improve overall operational performance as well as within the local community to ensure the site is represented positively and the companies interests are well represented.
- Relevant technical degree (Msc or equivalent) or proven experience within a similar role
- Significant experience of managing within Supply chain, preferably within food industry
- Ability to translate manufacturing strategy in to concrete action plans to improve factory performance
- Strong numeracy; ability to steer via KPI’s and is ware about underlying measures to influence; financial control
- People & leadership
- Firm communicator and influencer; regarding direct reports and the manufacturing team, and regarding influencing of people without hierarchal relationship; ability to be chairman of the plant MT for daily leadership of the factory
- Savy in a local oriented company with international customer base and delivery to multiple sales channels
- Building of teams and good relationships, also in a unionized plant
- Improvement methodologies; applies given methodologies and give the swing required for this factory
- Process knowledge; can determine problems and rootcourse and can guide team members to successful problem-solving and improvements
- Application of modern manufacturing techniques; seeking for improvements
- Project planning and implementation
- Fluent English
Ansprechpartner / Beratung: Andreas Blancke, Food Resource Management GmbH.
Mobil: +49 176 78277295 / email@example.com